Pakistan’s most famous drama serial Zindagi Gulzar Hai have been won the hearts and minds of Indian audience because of the content and acting skills of Pakistani celebrites. Sanam Saeed, now known to Indian viewers as Kashaf Murtaza of Pakistani drama serial Zindagi Gulzar Hai. The drama serial is written by Umera Ahmed and directed by Sultana Siddiqui.
Pakistani drama serials are high on content and quality and Indian people are gradually getting acquainted with them courtesy new Indian television channel “Zindagi – Jodey Dilon Ko. This is the very good initiative beaming entertainment and content from across the border.
Pakistani Actress Sanam Saeed said related to her fame in India:
India uses Bollywood, rather cinema, to tell its stories. It is one of the largest filmmaking nations in the world and so your talents get to tell stories about politics, love and drama through films. In Pakistan, our medium is the small screen. I’ve seen the effect some of my shows have had, and so, I like characters that can be role models for young girls, roles that can help to change people’s perspective.
I’m really very excited and thankful that my work Zindagi Gulzar Hai, one of the most famous current television dramas in India, has turned out to be the first Pakistan drama serial to have won the hearts across the borders in current times.
We don’t make many films, and hardly have theatres. A majority of people seek entertainment while sitting at home and TV gives it to them, so we excel on that part. A lot of them sit at home and watch TV as they can’t afford other forms of entertainment. So, we try to do shows which have inspirational value.
Zindagi Gulzar Hai Cast
- Fawad Afzal Khan as Zaroon Junaid – Male protagonist and husband of kashaf.
- Sanam Saeed as Kashaf Murtaza – Female protagonist and wife of Zaroon.
- Ayesha Omer as Sara Junaid – Younger sister of Zaroon
- Mehreen Raheel as Asmara Baseer – Friend of Zaroon and his ex-fiance.
- Sheheryar Munawar Siddiqui as Osama Hassan – Friend of Zaroon. He had fallen for Kashaf.
- Sameena Peerzada as Rafia Murtaza – Mother of Kashaf.
- Waseem Abbas as Mohammad Murtaza – Father of Kashaf.
- Javed Shaikh as Junaid – Father of Zaroon.
- Hina Khawaja Bayat as Ghazala – Mother of Zaroon.
- Behroze Sabzwari as Abrar Sidique a.k.a Sir Abrar – Close friend of Junaid. Mentor of Kashaf and her and Zaroon’s university professor.
- Mansha Pasha as Sidra Murtaza – Younger sister of Kashaf.
- Sana Sarfaraz as Shehnila Murtaza – Youngest sister of Kashaf.
- Muhammad Asad as Hammad Murtaza – Half brother of Kashaf.
- Shazia Afghan as Nigar – Second wife of Mohammad Murtaza and mother of Hammad.
- Kanwar Nafees as Farhan Zaid – Ex-fiance of Sara
- Maheen Rizvi as Maria Khan